Louisiana Alternative Fuel Vehicle $2,500 Income Tax Credit
Louisiana offers an income tax credit for 30% of the cost of converting or purchasing an alternative fuel vehicle or constructing an alternative fueling station. Alternatively, a tax credit of 10 percent of the cost of the motor vehicle, up to $2,500 (whichever is less) is available for alternative fuel vehicles registered in the state.
- For the purpose of this incentive, electricity comes with a few caveats. Your electric car must:
- Have at least four wheels
- Have a primary function as an on-street vehicle
- Be able to reach a minimum speed of 55 MPH
- Have a 4 kilowatt-hour battery capacity
- Have the ability to be externally charged